Yoga Poses (Asanas)
To increase Root Chakra energy: Warrior H
From standing position.
- Legs are one leg length apart on the mat. Front foot faces forward, back foot is on the ground, pointing slightly toward the body.
- Hips should be facing one direction.
- Inhale lift arms up in one line with the shoulders.
- Exhale, slowly bending the front knee down until it is directly above the ankle.
- Breathe deeply, looking forward over your front arm and personify the strength of the Warrior, bringing it into your Muladhara Chakra
- To release the posture, on your next inhale, straighten your front leg, and exhale your arms down.
- Do both sides
To decrease Root Chakra energy: â€œsquatâ€
From seated position, knees bent, soles of the feet on the floor and apart.
- Contract your abdominal muscles to protect your lower back.
- Placing hands beside the body as you inhale, slowly walk yourself into a squatting position, moving your pelvis towards your feet.
- Keep If your heels don't touch the floor, place a cushion under your heels to keep your balance.
- Bring your palms on the ground for balance, or in a prayer position between your knees.
- As you inhale, feel that your spine is lengthening, and as you exhale, feel your pelvis move closer to the floor. Visualize the Earth absorbing all of your excess Muladhara Energy.
To release the posture, inhale and lengthen your spine, then gently as you exhale, help with your hands and move down to the floor.Â
'Squatâ€™ may be difficult or painful if you have problems with your knees. if so, sit in a meditative position where your knees are comfortable, and visualize the earth absorbing all of your excess Muladhara energy through your sitting bones. You can also place your hands on the floor and allow the energy to move through your palms. I find this to be just as effective as the actual yoga pose itself.